The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, September 26, 2013

30 in 30, Day Twenty-six

Pin It
"Yellow Reflections"
Oil, 8" x 16" on canvas panel.
Sold (commission).

It was fun to get back to painting boats after a few days of abstracts. One of my kids posted on my Facebook page yesterday stating "I think I could paint that". I laughed at the comment because I am guilty of thinking the same thing about some of the abstract paintings I have seen over time. Of course, now that I have made an attempt at painting abstracts I realize how ridiculous my son's comment (and mine) actually was.

I am still contemplating adding all of the words to yesterday's painting and I think it will be a go! As my sister in law so pointedly stated, "you can always paint over it". So if it doesn't work, then I will just paint over it.

I hope you all are enjoying the 30 Day Challenge as much as I am. It's been fun and we are almost done! I have the radio show today and then I am back to making pillows for the beach house. We move in a week from today (yeah!!!) and I still have a lot to do!


Check out my new remodel blog for our new beach house in Ventura, Ca. Beginning this fall I will be teaching workshops at the beach. Come stay and paint with me! I have workshops scheduled in the next twelve months in South Pasadena, Ventura Beach, Newport Beach, Carmel, Indiana, Charlotte, NC, and Atlanta, Ga. Click here for more information!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails