The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Saturday, September 21, 2013

30 in 30, Day Twenty-one

Pin It
"Canoes of Sandbridge"
Oil, 12" x 12" on canvas panel.
$550.00
Sold.

I am finally posting a painting from Sandbridge! Virginia Beach is a wonderful town and these canoes are so incredible and were just waiting to be painted! I passed them about five times on the main highway before I pulled over and confirmed that I would not leave Sandbridge until they were painted. Fortunately they will be staying at a lovely home here on the beach!

I am heading back to California today for a busy two weeks of wrapping up the remodel of our Ventura House. Apparently the new wide planked floors have been installed, marble tile is done, fireplace is in and the painters are "almost done". I have made at least ten lists of everything that I have to do in the next two weeks and it's insane. It's funny how easy it is to forget the most basic things a house needs. For example, today I ordered trash cans, TV hanging brackets and drapery rods. Pretty basic but very necessary. Unfortunately none of these items were even on my list!

I hope you are enjoying painting as much as I am this month. Even though I have a busy few weeks ahead, I will be in my studio finishing paintings for our house. Time to paint big. And you will see a few abstracts next week too!

Check out my new remodel blog for our new beach house in Ventura, Ca. Beginning this fall I will be teaching workshops at the beach. Come stay and paint with me! I have workshops scheduled in the next twelve months in South Pasadena, Ventura Beach, Newport Beach, Carmel, Indiana, Charlotte, NC, and Atlanta, Ga. Click here for more information!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails