The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

30 in 30, Day Three

Pin It
"Palm Reflections on the Beach"
Oil, 12" x 12"
$550.00 with display easel.
Click here to purchase.

I think I am finally getting back in to a "painting groove". It feels so great to be back in the studio. Every time I go through a dry spell of "not painting" I ask myself, "Where have I been?" and "What was so important to keep me out of my studio?". I guess I have just been pulled in two many different directions, such as in Italy and Ventura Beach. But never again!

For the first three days of our challenge I have spent the day at the beach (in the shade, of course!) then raced home and painted. Today was a lot less stressful as I was in my studio by 4:00 pm and out before 7:00 pm. Today I am going to head in to my studio this morning and paint all day. I really hope I can get ahead and paint a few extra paintings to alleviate some of the pressure. I suggest you all try this!

I hope you have had a chance to visit my blog to see all of the paintings that have been posted in the first few days. The paintings are fabulous! And to think this all started over a holiday weekend. It's a miracle so many paintings have been completed!

Today's painting is titled "Palm Reflection on the Beach". I painted a 6" x 6" similar to this a few years ago but have always wanted to paint a larger version. This one is 12" x 12". This month I hope to also complete some very large paintings (about 4' x 4'). But I doubt if I can complete them in one day!

Thanks again for all of your wonderful comments on my "gift" painting from yesterday. I really appreciate it.

Happy painting!

Check out my new remodel blog for our new beach house in Ventura, Ca. Beginning this fall I will be teaching workshops at the beach. Come stay and paint with me! I just had two spots open up in my three day “Painting in Italy” workshop scheduled September 9 – 11, 2013. The workshop will be held at my Carriage House in South Pasadena. Click here for more information!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails