The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

30 in 30, Day Nineteen

Pin It
"One A Day"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
$200.00 with display easel.
Click here for more information.

Today was an absolutely glorious day. After staying up late last night sharing art tips, ideas and mostly laughing hysterically, today we spent the day at Little Island Pier painting plein air. I was thrilled to find the location as it offered so many different views and everyone was thrilled with the options. The wind had died down and the sun was out so it truly was a glorious day.

Tomorrow we are heading over to a local farm stand as I think it will be another great plein air painting spot. Plus, we won't go hungry as the apples, fruit and veggies look fabulous!

Today's painting was painted yesterday, the first day of the workshop. I started off the workshop with a palette knife painting exercise and we painted apples.

Here are photos from today!


Check out my new remodel blog for our new beach house in Ventura, Ca. Beginning this fall I will be teaching workshops at the beach. Come stay and paint with me! I have workshops scheduled in the next twelve months in South Pasadena, Ventura Beach, Newport Beach, Carmel, Indiana, Charlotte, NC, and Atlanta, Ga. Click here for more information!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails