The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Sunday, September 1, 2013

30 in 30, Day One

Pin It
"The Gift of Love"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
$200.00 with display easel.
Click here for more information.

Welcome to the 30 in 30 Challenge. Day one is here!

There are over 325 artists signed up to join the "September Thirty Paintings in 30 Days Challenge" ! I think it is incredible there are so many artists who want to do this together. We will have fun and remember, its wonderful if you can complete all 30 paintings this month but it's also ok if you miss a few. Life gets in the way sometimes and if that happens, please don't sweat it. I really want us all to have fun! Please share your comments here on my blog and let's all support each other. 

There have been a lot of question about posting your daily paintings on my blog. The process is pretty simple as every day by 9:30 am PST I will add a blog post here for the day of that challenge. Today is "Day 1". There will be a place at the end of my post for you to click where you need to upload a photo of your completed painting. You can upload your painting at anytime that day. All you need is a photo of your painting. Be sure to add a link to the page on your blog or website where the painting is listed for sale. Please note, you do not need a blog or website to upload your photo. If you don't have a blog or website then just leave the field blank that asks for a link to the web address of your blog. That's it. It's simple! Also, after you upload your photo a "red X" will appear. This allows you to delete your post if you want to re-do it. Please note, no one else will see this red x.

If you are having a problem uploading your photo, here is a link that shows you how to upload a photo on inlinkz.  By uploading a photo of your painting and adding a link there is a very good chance a lot of people will see your art! I also encourage you to post your painting to your own blog and to Facebook. People will get excited about an artist painting 30 paintings for 30 days in a row. So don't be shy to let everyone know that you are doing this Challenge!

My painting today is called "The Gift of Love". I think this would make an awesome baby gift and I do love painting presents! Enjoy!




Check out my new remodel blog for our new beach house in Ventura, Ca. Beginning this fall I will be teaching workshops at the beach. Come stay and paint with me! I just had two spots open up in my three day “Painting in Italy” workshop scheduled September 10 – 12, 2013. The workshop will be held at my Carriage House in South Pasadena. Click here for more information!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, my gel did not dry in time for me to photograph my day one painting but it was completed. Just FYI to my art friends - I am not wimping out - yet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails