The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Friday, September 20, 2013

30 in 30, Day Twenty

Pin It
"My Favorite Tools"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
$200 with display easel
Click here to purchase.


Two thirds. 2/3. 63% done.

Day twenty means we are two thirds done. We only have 1/3 left. There is only 33% left of the September 30 in 30 Challenge! Ok, so I am a bit anxious to finish the Challenge. Things are pretty hectic right now with four workshops in six weeks and a house remodel. But don't get me wrong, I love this Challenge. I love painting and I am so happy to be painting everyday. It's just hard when life and other stuff gets in the way. The good news is I should have four paintings finished tomorrow Two from my Virginia Beach workshop that need some slight tweaking and two more I am going to paint in the next day and a half. That means I don't need to panic on Saturday when I am stuck on an airplane all day!

Now is a great time to think about what happens on October 1st. Of course you are going to take a few days off. But think about what you have learned this month and plan to take that with you to move forward with your art. Paint more. And continue to enjoy it. We are so lucky that we have this chance to paint every day.  I am going to continue with this challenge after September. Sure, I'll ease up a bit, but I will be in my studio. And painting a lot!


Check out my new remodel blog for our new beach house in Ventura, Ca. Beginning this fall I will be teaching workshops at the beach. Come stay and paint with me! I have workshops scheduled in the next twelve months in South Pasadena, Ventura Beach, Newport Beach, Carmel, Indiana, Charlotte, NC, and Atlanta, Ga. Click here for more information!

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Paint brush paintings just motivate me! Still love your brush strokes with each piece; they lend so much vitality!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails