The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Saturday, September 28, 2013

30 in 30, Day Twenty-eight

Pin It
"All Blown Up"
Oil, 6" x 6" 
$200.00 with display easel.
Click here to purchase. 

I got a text from one of my boys yesterday that said. "So what's up with the abstracts?". I think this could be translated as "Mom, are you crazy? Get back to painting regular stuff!".

So I am back to the "regular stuff". I do need to say that I really enjoyed my short "abstract painting stage" and I believe painting outside of your comfort zone and trying new things is a very important step in an artist's development. So I had fun and am thrilled I have some paintings for the beach house that I really like!

There are two more days left in the 30 in 30 Challenge. How happy are we? Yippee!

Check out my new remodel blog for our new beach house in Ventura, Ca. Beginning this fall I will be teaching workshops at the beach. Come stay and paint with me! I have workshops scheduled in the next twelve months in South Pasadena, Ventura Beach, Newport Beach, Carmel, Indiana, Charlotte, NC, and Atlanta, Ga. Click here for more information!

3 comments:

SamDoum said...

Love this beach ball Leslie!

Cindy Williams said...

This is so cute. And I am really glad as well, that this is day 28! I have stepped out of my comfort zone this whole challenging month, I dumped my pastels and used watercolor and acrylics! I never painted with acrylics before. Surprisingly, it hasnt turned out too badly :)

Autumn Leaves said...

Have to admit that I'm with your son on that one! Never have been a huge fan of abstract work. LOL Love this beach ball! Really brings back memories of going to Romeo Beach with my parents when I was little. I used to love going there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails