The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Monday, September 2, 2013

30 in 30, Day Two

Pin It
"Can I Open it Now?"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
$200.00 with display easel.
Click here to purchase. 

You are all simply amazing! I just checked and there are already 216 paintings posted on my blog for Day One of the Challenge. And it's a holiday weekend! (What was I thinking? Oh wait, the last challenge started on New Year's Day and I had 32 Stanford swimmers staying at my house ... Oh well, I guess I never learn.)

I should probably "come clean" and mention that I have been at the beach most of the weekend watching my husband and son play in a beach volleyball tournament. So those grand plans I had to get my studio organized, paint ahead and sketch out the first ten paintings DID NOT HAPPEN. I painted my Day One painting at 5:00 am on the morning of September 1st. And I painted my Day Two painting from 9:00 pm until 11:00 pm the night of September 1st. The good news is I had fun, I really enjoyed the tournament and most importantly, I was able to spend time with my family this weekend which is what life is all about! Plus I finished my paintings!

As I was painting in my studio late in to the night I smiled to think how many other artists out there had the same goal as me ... to finish a painting today! Many artists paint everyday but it felt different in my studio today (oops, I mean tonight). I knew I had a painting to finish and no matter what happened I was going to finish that painting. And it's done!

This challenge started back in January as a very personal goal to get in my studio and paint. That's why I decided to paint 30 paintings in 30 days in January. The experience was so incredible and I learned so much that I knew I wanted to do it again this year. Hence, here we are in September painting 30 paintings in 30 days. So even though I have opened this challenge up to all of you and there are over 200 paintings posted on my blog, this is still a very personal challenge for me. Just like it should be for each one of you. 

Now, for a few brief technical explanations. I forgot to mention that you have 48 hours to post your painting. For example, September 1st wasDay One of the Challenge. I know many of you painted a painting yesterday but didn't get a chance to photograph and post your painting. No worries, as you can still go back and post your painting to the Day One blog. You have two days to do it.
Secondly, you do not have to paint your painting exactly on the day it is posted. I will not be able to paint in my studio on some days this month so I am going to have to paint multiple paintings in advance to stay on track. This is not considered cheating!

Finally, my painting today is titled "Can I Open it Now?". It's a 6" x 6" painting and is available. I do love painting pink!

Check out my new remodel blog for our new beach house in Ventura, Ca. Beginning this fall I will be teaching workshops at the beach. Come stay and paint with me! I just had two spots open up in my three day “Painting in Italy” workshop scheduled September 10 – 12, 2013. The workshop will be held at my Carriage House in South Pasadena. Click here for more information!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to leave a comment because seeing my painting of my baby #12 just below a nude #9 is quite funny LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails