The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Saturday, September 7, 2013

30 in 30, Day Seven

Pin It


"Vintage Ornaments"
Oil. 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
$200.00 with display easel.
Click here to purchase. 

As you can see I am still working on paintings for my 2014 Calendar. It seems a bit odd to be painting Christmas ornaments in 97 degree weather but I played a few of my favorite Kenny G holiday songs in my studio and that helped. Of course my husband walked in my studio and thought I had completely gone bonkers!


Good news! We survived the first week of the Challenge! It's Day Seven! Congratulations to you all. I can promise you that it actually gets easier from here on. We are developing new "habits" (which are good) and you have obviously made painting a priority. Any plans for next week? Any new ideas for paintings? I am teaching two workshops in the next two weeks so I know I will be painting in the day and at night. I just still need to get ahead!


Check out my new remodel blog for our new beach house in Ventura, Ca. Beginning this fall I will be teaching workshops at the beach. Come stay and paint with me! I have workshops scheduled in the next twelve months in South Pasadena, Ventura Beach, Newport Beach, Carmel, Indiana, Charlotte, NC, and Atlanta, Ga. Click here for more information!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails